Conditions of Competition, 2018 Season
- The above named competition is an aggregation of points awarded as undernoted for placings in any 5 out of 10 events as specified in para 9 below.
- There is no entry fee and no form of registration is required.
- The award of points shall be determined from the scratch scores.
- Competitors in the Order of Merit require to be amateur male golfers who are members of a recognised Golf Club in the North District.
- The competition is open only to boys, in three categories, aged under 18, aged under 16, and under 14, on 1 January 2018.
- Points will be awarded, omitting golfers who are not members of a North District Club, in each category, as follows:- 1st 21, 2nd 17, 3rd 14, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, and 9th 2.
- Prize vouchers to the value of £65, £50, and £40 will be awarded to the leading three competitors in each category.
- Ties will be determined by counting the next best, the sixth score. If there is still a tie, the outcome shall be determined by the authorised representative of the North District at his sole discretion.
- The 10 specified events for season 2018 are as follows:-
a) 15th April, (Sunday) Junior Open, Royal Dornoch GC
b) 21st April, (Saturday) Junior Open, Spey Valley
c) 29th April, (Sunday) Spence, N of S Boy’s Open, Hopeman GC
d) 10th July, (Tuesday) Russell Knox Junior Open, Nairn Dunbar GC
e) 20th July, (Friday) Junior Open, Muir of Ord GC
f) 27th July, (Friday) Bain Trophy,ND Boy’s Championship, Inverness GC
g) 1st August, (Wednesday) Junior Open, Torvean GC
h) 3rd August, (Friday) Junior Open, Elgin GC
i) 6th August, (Monday) Junior Open, Moray GC
j) 15/18 October, N of Scotland Boys Match Play (qualifying rounds), Forres GC
- After each of the events, the running points total will be posted on the North District website.
- The presentation of prizes will take place immediately after the last event. The North District requests the attendance of those who have won prizes.
- The competition is controlled by the North District, whose Executive Committee will determine all disputes, and whose decision is final.